Monday, March 7, 2011

Gelish Manicure Review

On Thursday afternoon I got a "Gelish" manicure at my local salon, Tiffany Nails in Shelter Cove Plaza.  The process was very simple and didn't take much longer than a typical manicure.  After shaping my nails and caring for my cuticles a base coat was applied and "baked" for a few seconds under a UV light.  After that, two coats of color were applied, each one "baked" after application.  The baking process is literally a few seconds, probably 5.  The final top/gel coat was applied and then baked for approximately 30 seconds.  An alcohol wipe was rubbed over the top of the nails to remove any residue.  Voila!  That's it!  Yes, it has only been four days, but I am still very impressed at how my manicure it holding up.  By now, a typical manicure would have chipped off by my Gelish manicure looks like I just left the salon.  There is a wide assortment of colors to choose from, I picked "Gossip Girl" a bright pink shade.
I forgot to take a picture on Day 1, but here is what my nails look like now, Day 4.  The manicure will supposedly will last for up to 3 weeks without chipping or peeling.  I will post another update in a few days to let you know the progress.  (Yes, it is a little grown out...my nails grow very quickly...if only my hair would follow suit...but that is a story for another day...sigh).  Also note, the color appears a bit coral in this photo.  The actual color looks more like the sample above.



2 comments:

  1. I will have to try that! I will be interested to see if it holds up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds great! I have heard other review on the gel and they have all been good. If only I could find a place around where I live that does it! Congrats on starting your blog. I will be your second follower! Check mine out if you have a chance. www.hannahandbryan.blogspot.com
    XOXO,
    Hannah

    ReplyDelete